I disappeared over the last 2 days.
I could only squeeze out 2 hours to meet my friends. I didn't go online. My jogging routine was disrupted for 2 consecutive days. All because my aunt from JB came for a short stayover, but I'm not complaining. It's a timely visit to pull me back to my family, and just spending time with my family, putting all things else aside. And I'm glad.
Aunt's 69 years old. "Not much time left," said one of my parents. And while I made light of their comments about aging, deep inside, it dawned on me that they are right. I still remember when I was a little kid and didn't understand whatever they were talking about. Now, we talk on the same frequency, well, not exactly, but at least I understand what they're saying. In case you don't get what I mean, all that fill kids' minds are games, homework and more pocket money, but when you start thinking about jobs, marriages and bread and butter issues like "oh, the price of this dumpling has gone up again!"...
So anyway, in my dreams, I dreamed about taking a family portrait of my extended family, including my cousins, nephews, nieces, aunts and uncles and all. It would easily go beyond 60 people. But the question is, how can I possibly get everyone together for such a photo even though it will be priceless. My mum's 2nd eldest sis is already almost hitting 80. Perhaps, in 18 months' time, my mum will hit 60 and that will be a good opportunity. (She's the youngest among more than 12 siblings.)
Hmm, time to start planning...
m.
Thursday, July 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment